What Is Plank?
Plank is meant to be the simplest dock on the planet. The goal is to provide just what a dock needs and absolutely nothing more. It is, however, a library which can be extended to create other dock programs with more advanced features. Thus, Plank is the underlying technology for Docky (starting in version 3.0.0) and aims to provide all the core features while Docky extends it to add fancier things like Docklets, painters, settings dialogs, etc.
|Please support Plank! Your donations help keep this wiki alive!|
How to Install Plank
- You can report bugs here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/plank
- Please try and avoid making duplicate bugs - search for existing bugs before reporting a new bug!
- Do not report bugs if you are using Gentoo-based, Pacman-based, or Slackware-based distributions - only Ubuntu/OpenSUSE (and their derivatives) and Fedora are currently supported
- Common problems and solutions
- You also might want to jump on our IRC channel (see below)
Where Can I Get Help?
How Can I Get Involved?